New moon, who dis? Before we get started, just a little note: I am by no means an expert on astrology or moon energy. These are just some tips and tricks that I have learned with my practice.
A little background info on moon phases- there are 8 moon phases ranging from the new moon to the waning crescent. Each moon phase has a different meaning. Most people tend to focus on the new moon and full moon cycles.
On July 31, 2019, we will have a Black Super New Moon in Leo. A Black Moon is the name that is given to the second New Moon in a calendar month. This Black Moon is also a Super Moon, meaning it’s very close to Earth. New moons have the potential to draw things to us which is why its such a good time to set new intentions. This is a time for new beginning and renewal. It is the time to plant seeds of intentions so that we can manifest them for this coming month.
Now that we have all the backstory out the way, let’s get to the fun stuff.
This ritual is best done on July 31st through August 8th, 2019. This is when the energy from the New Moon is the strongest. You only need to do this ritual once.
Keep in mind- in order for this “ritual” to be successful, you need to have clear, positive, meaningful energy. Please don’t conduct this with any fear, anxiety, skepticism, etc. What you put into this, you will get out.
What you will need:
- Smudging tool of choice- (sage, palo santo, incense sticks, etc.)
- White candle
- Two pieces of paper and a pen
- Blue or White Crystals (optional)
- Begin by cleansing yourself with the smudging tool of choice. I usually start at the crown of my head, down to my arms, chest, legs, and feet. Feel free to recite a mantra while you are cleansing yourself.
Example- “ I am cleansing myself with love and light. All energy that does not serve me, I am releasing.”
- Next, cleanse your surroundings and your ritual ingredients. You can also recite a mantra while you are cleansing your space.
Example- “I am cleansing my space with love and light. Only love and peace may come. Any energy that does not serve this space is being released.”
- Light your candle and sit in front of it. Take 10 deep cleansing breaths to calm your mind and body.
- Take your pen and paper and write down 10 things that you want to bring into your life right now. They can be very specific or as broad as you’d like. Once you have written them down, read them aloud one by one. Once done, fold up the paper and place under a crystal, if using. If you don’t have any crystals, place under the candle.
- Take the second sheet of paper and set an intention for the month. When setting a new intention, I’ve learned that it is important to set ONLY 1 so that we can give all of our energy to that 1 thing. Once we start adding comas/ands/buts, our intentions can be misinterpreted and possibly not come to fruition. Here are some examples-
- “This month I invite……. into my life.”
- “My intention this month is to…..”
- “This month I set the intention to create…….”
Take this paper and place it somewhere that you can see it everyday and be reminded of it all month long.
- Meditate- Visualize your dreams, visualize you accomplishing them, observe the energy from the new moon, and breathe. Try to meditate for 3-10 minutes. If you new to meditating, I offer you an easy mantra to repeat-
Inhale- I am love.
Exhale- I am present.
- Once you are done meditating, snuff out the candle and leave your paper under the crystal or candle for 3 days. On the third day, you can remove the paper and place it somewhere for safekeeping. Check on it throughout the month to see if any of your manifestations are being brought to life.
Happy New Moon! I Let us know some intentions that you set for the month in the comments.